In the event of an emergency, dial 911.
University of Arkansas Resources:
(Office of Support, Training, Advocacy, and Resources for Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence at the Pat Walker Health Center)
(479) 575-7252 (M-F, 8am-5pm)
STAR Central is the Office of Support, Training, Advocacy, and Resources housed within the Pat Walker Health Center, Wellness and Health Promotion Department. All services are confidential.
Advocacy services include:
- Survivors’ Chat Group (a peer-based support group). To learn more, email email@example.com
- Accompaniment to judicial meetings, court hearings, law enforcement interviews, and other meetings for the purpose of providing support for the individual
- On-call after hour and weekend volunteer staff and faculty advocates for hospital accompaniment for those who report sexual assault and want to have a rape kit done
- One-on-one advocacy
- Referrals to appropriate agencies or other professionals
- Assistance with navigating the reporting system and care options
- Other services as needed
Education services include:
- Prevention education programs for classrooms, student groups, campus departments, community, and others
- RESPECT peer education program
- Social-norming media campaigns
- Professional training
- Outreach and awareness events
- Other education programs as needed
University of Arkansas Police Department (UAPD) (479) 575-2222 http://uapd.uark.edu
Pat Walker Health Center Primary Medical and Women’s Clinics (479) 575-4451 http://health.uark.edu
CAPS (Counseling & Psychological Services) 24 hour emergency services (479) 575-5276 http:health.uark.edu
The Psychological Clinic (located in Memorial Hall) (479) 575-4258
Counselor-in-Residence Program (counseling option for students living in University Housing) http://housing.uark.edu/Residence_Education/Counselors_In_Residence.php
Office of Equal Opportunity & Compliance Title IX Compliance Officer (479) 575-4019 http://oeoc.uark.edu/
Student Conduct and Standards (479) 575-5170 http://ethics.uark.edu
Local and National Community Resources:
For Medical Care:
Northwest Medical Center – Willow Creek (479) 684-3000
NW Medical Center at Willow Creek has partnered with the U of A to provide timely exams for those who wish to report sexual assault and have a rape kit done. Rape kits can only be done within 72 hours of the assault. Rape kits and exams are done by the Emergency Department.
Washington Regional Medical Center (479) 442-1000
For Crisis Support:
NWA Rape Crisis (800) 794-4175
Peace at Home Family Shelter (877) 442-9811
Arkansas Crisis Center (888) 274-7472
RAINN Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (800) 656-HOPE https://rainn.org
RAINN offers online and phone help anywhere in the nation. If needing to locate a local rape crisis center, RAINN can assist.
Not Alone https://www.notalone.gov/
Resource for students, schools, and general public regarding how to respond to and prevent sexual assault on college and university campuses. Can search for resources by zip code.