In the event of an emergency, dial 911.


University of Arkansas Resources:

STAR Central

(Office of Support, Training, Advocacy, and Resources for Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence at the Pat Walker Health Center)

(479) 575-7252 (M-F, 8am-5pm)


STAR Central is the Office of Support, Training, Advocacy, and Resources housed within the Pat Walker Health Center, Wellness and Health Promotion Department. All services are confidential.

Advocacy services include:

  • Survivors’ Chat Group (a peer-based support group). To learn more, email
  • Accompaniment to judicial meetings, court hearings, law enforcement interviews,  and other meetings for the purpose of providing support for the individual
  • On-call after hour and weekend volunteer staff and faculty advocates for hospital accompaniment for those who report sexual assault and want to have a rape kit done
  • One-on-one advocacy
  • Referrals to appropriate agencies or other professionals
  • Assistance with navigating the reporting system and care options
  • Other services as needed

Education services include:

  • Prevention education programs for classrooms, student groups, campus departments, community, and others
  • RESPECT peer education program
  • Social-norming media campaigns
  • Professional training
  • Outreach and awareness events
  • Other education programs as needed


University of Arkansas Police Department (UAPD)  (479) 575-2222

Pat Walker Health Center Primary Medical and Women’s Clinics (479) 575-4451

CAPS (Counseling & Psychological Services) 24 hour emergency services (479) 575-5276

The Psychological Clinic (located in Memorial Hall) (479) 575-4258

Counselor-in-Residence Program (counseling option for students living in University Housing)

Office of Equal Opportunity & Compliance Title IX Compliance Officer (479) 575-4019

Student Conduct and Standards  (479) 575-5170


Local and National Community Resources:

For Medical Care:

Northwest Medical Center – Willow Creek (479) 684-3000

NW Medical Center at Willow Creek has partnered with the U of A to provide timely exams for those who wish to report sexual assault and have a rape kit done. Rape kits can only be done within 72 hours of the assault. Rape kits and exams are done by the Emergency Department.

Washington Regional Medical Center (479) 442-1000


For Crisis Support:

NWA Center for Sexual Assault (800) 794-4175

Peace at Home Family Shelter (877) 442-9811

Arkansas Crisis Center (888) 274-7472

RAINN Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (800) 656-HOPE

RAINN offers online and phone help anywhere in the nation. If needing to locate a local rape crisis center, RAINN can assist.

Not Alone

Resource for students, schools, and general public regarding how to respond to and prevent sexual assault on college and university campuses. Can search for resources by zip code.